In the year 2008 , Petroconsult joined forces with the Dutch dredging contractor “ Baggerbedrijf de Boer – Dutch Dredging” to form Egypt’s first dedicated freezone dredging company with 20% Petroconsult ownership.
Baggerbedrijf de Boer – Dutch Dredging is a medium size dredging company, based in Sliedrecht in the Netherlands. The holding is an independent private company. The total scope of activities consists of dredging, surveying and related marine operations in the fullest sense.
Scope of Work and Equipment
Dutch Dredging is mainly active in Western Europe, South America and the Middle East and Africa.
- Dutch Dredging main activity is maintenance and capital dredging with a fleet of modern trailing suction hopper dredgers usually assisted by ploughing vessels or bed
- Dutch Dredging bucket dredgers work in specialized markets, where hard or large granular size soils need to be dredged and/or when special environmental constraints are appli
- Dutch Dredging backhoes usually work in seaports and can be equipped with special closed buckets and sand/gravel aggregates screening and separating system.
- Dutch Dredging Airset systems work in tidal ports, bringing the soils in suspension and transporting them out with the tidal currents.
- Dutch Dredging cutter suction dredgers are usually involved in capital dredging projects like deepening and/or reclamaion proje
- For transporting materials, Dutch Dredging has several barges and barge unloading dredgers to empty the barges when arrived at their disposal site.